Friday, January 25, 2008

take this walk with me.

my heart is like a child longing to travel
with every mile it continues to unravel
my heart is like a house awaiting a deep cleaning
apart from the dust of old days i am leaning
my heart is like a bride upon an altar who shakes
faint with love i am here to wait


wait upon the days of new life and new words
new grace and mercy He has assured
come and take a walk with me down MY street
these are my friends and my family, don't you see?
they take advantage of life as they go
with every bad choice it might unfavorably explode
so take this walk with me
as i seek out to return a penny
for you don't understand
this life was never in a human hand
i live to love and i love to live
i'll show you my pride that i struggle to forgive
cause in the end i count my days
easy or hard i give and i pray

all of your change i will turn away
im setting sail from a dock no longer at bay
still won't you take this walk with me
the reality of a need to live this life a lot differently
hear me once, hear me twice
i strive for what no martin luther could advise


a change in the heart is a change in the life
to you who breathes and thinks, for this may you strive



No comments: