Thursday, October 20, 2011

Time to let my fingers dance upon this keyboard again.

i can't remember the last time I wrote something from my soul.
it's been ages, i feel like.

but yesterday i felt something stirrin'
and this morning i woke up knowing that today was the day
the day when the writer within would awake from its slumber.

sigh.
it feel sooooo good to be back here at this place where i can let my heart
display the feelings it cannot express on its own.

i am a different woman from the last time i wrote.
and my heart seemingly beats to a different drum.
similar yet different.

and yes, a new season is where i have found myself
but at the end of the day He has stamped one thing upon my heart lately
and it will keep me here until He says otherwise.


and here is what i have found that He has written: 'this too I have authored'.
such peace those five words bring me.
such hope as well.

i find myself after three years of having a pulpit to talk, talk, talk
the same talking that expressed what i usually would write.
now without the flashy pulpit to talk, talk, talk
i will gladly resume the joy that i find in writing.

so, i shall toast this morning to my fingers finally dancing again
upon the familiar place of a keyboard.

finally, i am ready to write again.
after years of silence.
i am ready to speak with my hands again.

so dance little fingers, dance.

until He speaks again,
court

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am looking forward to what is to come... He is the Great Author. :)

Joe Holme said...

I, too, am excited to be on the receiving end of the words He has authored in your heart.