Sunday, March 29, 2009

HA Reflection Paper on Fall Fasting LTE

[December 2, 2008]

Looking into my lap at the commencement of the opening session, I was completely content. Therein laid my Bible in which I would soon indulge myself so deeply within that reality would be nothing apart from it. Accompanying this life-giving Book was a decorated notebook assigned to the revelations that I would receive while fasting. It was new with the pages still abounding in freshness but the weight of expectancy anticipated the overflow that would saturate.
Worship began as the musical melodies invaded our ears. Countless times before I had been in that Auditorium room, listening to many of those musicians play, but oh how this time it felt completely distinctive. The expectancy level that I was experiencing on a personal level was indeed present amongst the corporate body of desperate interns and GIs. Focusing back on the Lord, I whispered a destitute plea of surrender begging Heaven to rapture this weekend’s activities and to have its way in my heart and mind.
In that very moment as I knelt my “do this” and “do that” of an agenda before the Lord, I was filled with a righteous confidence. To state that Jesus Christ would rend the Heavens and enthrone my every capacity to contain was a sure thing. And as the days were ushered in and out, revelation came and satisfaction was produced. My heart overflowed with the rhythm of Heaven.
To my flesh, most sermons were familiar in word and concept but to my spirit, most of the revivals in my heart were enticed by those familiar words. Because of those words something deep inside, to where the deepest in me abides, was enlightened and violently awakened to the reality of who God is. Not a frantic stirring of emotions but I am convinced that a deep uprooting took place in my heart as well as this longing soul of mine.
Every desire and affection that was aroused during the Fasting LTE gave way to the Lord doing a strategic work in my life. Completely grateful am I for that weekend and since then I have found myself going on extended fasts for the sake of knowing who He is more. That one weekend completely produced a lifestyle of fasting and prayer within me. How I long to see what many more weekends like that will generate in my walk with Christ.

No comments: